Re: [dev] Detaolb

From: Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_mirix.org>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:28:47 +0200

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 11:17:18AM +0200, pancake wrote:
> http://detaolb.sourceforge.net/
>
> Just my first time I see this minimal devel distro :)

uClibc is by no means minimal, even though it's smaller than glibc.

In my opinion a minimal system has all libraries in source code form
and statically links and compiles them with the programme's source code
(much like templates in C++). You can do a lot of optimisations using
this approach (constant propagation and dead code elimination, inlining
etc.), the programmes can be sequentially read from disk and will be
much smaller.

Regards,
Matthias-Christian