Re: [dev] Re: [dwm] How to make R's windows floating?

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:17:05 +0200

2009/5/27 Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> the problem is that R sets the properties at a later point (once the
> window has been mapped).
>
> I propose to add the following key handler to your config.h
>
> static void reapplyrules(const Arg *arg) {
>        Client *c;
>        for(c = clients; c; c = c->next)
>                applyrules(c);
> }
>
> And bind that to something like Mod1-r. This will reapply all rules to
> all windows when executed (might be handy for other things as well).
>
> Kind regards,
> Anselm

I have thought about this before. It would be handy to automaticly
"re-tag" some windows. For example, to apply the dev tag to all the
browser windows with man pages, or to organize ssh sessions depending
on the host. I don't know if I will really be use it, but it is worth
a try.

--
- yiyus || JGL .