[dev] minimal dmenu-vertical

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:47:30 +0200

Hoi,

AFAIR it was already anounced here some time ago: a patch to add a
vertical list selection to dmenu. More information about the patch can
be found here [0] and the patch is located here [1].

[0] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=54086
[1] http://schiewek.net/fresch/dmenu-3.9-fresch-3.diff

Now, I wanted to have this vertical list functionality and had a look.
Unfortunately, the patch adds a whole lot of bloat to dmenu. :-(

Thus I created a stripped-down version of it that only adds the basic
vertical functionality and nothing more. You find it at [2].

[2] http://prog.marmaro.de/dwm-meillo/dmenu-4.0-vertical_meillo.diff

See this patch as a quick hack, so improvements are welcome.

$ diffstat dmenu-4.0-vertical_meillo.diff
 config.mk | 2 -
 dmenu.1 | 7 ++++-

I think it's too big to add it to vanilla dmenu, but I think it's
worth to mention it on the website. I'll do it myself if no one did it
until I find time to do it.

meillo