Re: [dev] [OT] Political Propaganda

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 20:00:37 +0200

Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> On 6/8/09, Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention that the German Pirate Party has taken a more
>> 'expansive' approach to their positions, and that actually has put off
>> a few people I know from voting for them.
>>
>> I hope for the next election they learn from the Swedish Pirate Party
>> and they stick to the topics where we all agree.
>>

> the problem is that one can only vote for one party
>
> there are many political issues so why would i vote for a party which
> only covers one?
>
> imho parties which focus on a narrow scope won't survive in the long
> term, after all most EP discussions are not related to privacy or
> digital rights. if PP has no good policy about the various other
> affairs they will fail.

I dont believe in politics, well... the ones that are currently
stablished, they
tend to make us believe that we can decide, but current democracy system
do not
handle blank votes as they should be understood. A party is not going to get
the hability to do anything neither if they get a majority number of votes,
decide who will rule your life for every 4 years is not democracy. Is just a
way to keep people thinking that they can decide while can't.

Because important or direct-life topics are never discussed openly or if
they
accept a voting system to take a decission they will just use it as a
"public opinion".

A the end, in crisis stages, right and left wings tend to go up, and
mostly right
ones, because left ones usually disagree with the current system of
deciding.

Decisions should be taken from the ground, and always allowing everybody
to decide,
and everything should be public, numbers, information, and in these
days...after
the terrorism-parnanoia-era they are looking for new escuses for banning
networks,
reducing personal and collective freedoms, etc.. I personally dont like
the opinion
of "vote the less worst one", things should change but im fear about the
direction.

But well... i think that this is probably not the right list to discuss
this and it's
a personal opinion, everybody has one, and i just wanted to share mine.

--pancake