Re: [dev] [OT] Political Propaganda

From: Ivan F. Villanueva B. <wmii_AT_artificialidea.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:30:54 +0200

El Wed, Jun 10, 2009 11:21:28PM +0200, Uriel escribió:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Szabolcs Nagy<nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/8/09, Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I forgot to mention that the German Pirate Party has taken a more
> >> 'expansive' approach to their positions, and that actually has put off
> >> a few people I know from voting for them.
> >>
> >> I hope for the next election they learn from the Swedish Pirate Party
> >> and they stick to the topics where we all agree.
> >
> > the problem is that one can only vote for one party
> >
> > there are many political issues so why would i vote for a party which
> > only covers one?
>
> Given that most people don't vote at all, I don't think this is an issue.
>
> And your argument cuts both ways, if you vote for a party that has
> positions on more issues, it is very likely you will disagree with
> many of their opinions, so why should you vote for them?

Good points!

And there are also new issues that come up only within a legislative period, i.e. after the
elections.

All the above remember me of the idea of a party in which its members (= voters) decide all the time
on the position of their representatives.

--
Iván F. Villanueva B.
Initiator http://StopSoftwarePatents.eu