Re: [dev] Re: dwm development continues NOW

From: twfb <twfb09_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:06:56 +0100

On 17:27 Sat 20 Jun , Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> Monitors are currently selected through pressing Mod1-w, Mod1-e (just
> two initial keybindings), and clients are assigned to the selected

First let me say that it's great to dwm working on dual head. For a
laptop user thats excellent.

I have been following the repo and testing with a dual head setup. Is it
intented to be extended to work for more than two displays?

If not may I suggest a cycling behaviour for the display keybindings, I
can't quite explain why but my fingers don't seem to be able to remember
the correct Mod1-w or Mod1-e key press. It's surprisingly hard work
compared to the tags. Switch/Send to other, would be simpler.

Of course I can remap the keys but I have a hunch that cycling is easier
to use when the number of choices is small and the operation is fast.

In addition I have noticed that mplayer (cli) and other fullscreen apps
don't quite fullscreen correctly you always get the border visible. This
can be solved by float moving the window 1 px in x and y it's just a bit
tricky. And for a laptop user connecting to an external screen to watch a
movie or slideshow that's unfortunate.

Just thought I'd give some feedback on what I've seen so far. Thanks for
a great wm.

--
If I could I would.
TWFB  -  PGP: D7A420B3