Re: [dev] coloring in the status bar

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:50:02 +0200

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM, gnuisancev3<gnuisancev3_AT_archlinux.us> wrote:
> All I want to color is the text for the text "Unread:", "Now
> Playing:", etc.   But it seems not to accept bash color codes.
>
> Doing a wmiir create /rbar/foo #000000 #ffffff #aaaaaa Foo   doesn't
> really do anything, it just hangs there and I have the C-c to cancel
> the operation and I'm kinda confused about how this works in
> conjunction with wmiirc to begin with.

The status bar is just a bar in /rbar/ named status.

$ wmiir create /rbar/foo #000000 #ffffff #aaaaaa Foo
This command will create another bar on the right named foo. You now
have to fill it the same way you do with the status bar: echo stuff in
it.

See attached file for an example. You can run it (in the background &)
from your wmiirc.