Re: [dev] [libixp] Fix build on case insensitive FS

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:32:13 -0400

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 05:38:22PM +0900, KIMURA Masaru wrote:
>Subject said it all.

Thanks, this should be fixed. But I don't think the case
insensitive FS is the issue. I've been assured that wmii and
libixp build fine on Darwin/OS-X's case-insensitive HFS. The
problem with CIFS, I think, is mandatory file locking, which
among other things forbids unlinking a file which is already
opened. Normally, you can unlink the .o file and write a .O file
in its place, but if the loader still has the .o file of the
same name open, that won't work on CIFS.

--
Kris Maglione
I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is