Re: [dev] Talk about sane web browsers

From: frederic <fdubois76_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:26:05 +0200

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:51:46 +0200, Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Pinocchio<cchinopio_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> A few months ago lobobrowser.org caught my eye. Its a browser written in
>> java (hold on... don't kick me off the list... :) ) but the thing I
>> liked
>> about it was its support for alternative document formats. It supports
>> JavaFX out of the box and that's definitely a more suckless version of
>> document rendering / scripting than HTML + Javascript.
>
> You better kick yourself out of this universe. WTF are you smoking?

So, the only way is to get rid of the whole "Web" stack and to rewrite a
"sane" one. This would mean:
* defining a protocol that would play the role of HTTP,
* defining a format for interactive documents and applications. The tricky
thing here is that this format should be convenient for both usages and
for "middle" cases.

Of course it has to be totally incompatible with the current "web stack",
browser included. It can be quite a problem for wide acceptance; the
majority of "web users" today are, I think, not computer literates.

But maybe one may walkaround that by providing browser plugins to handle
that document format together with the actual platform.