Re: [dev] Talk about sane web browsers

From: Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:32:22 +0200

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 01:16:10 +0200
Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I'm saying that I wish people would write or help write a browser
> that sucks less. My point is that adding a coat of paint on top of an
> existing browser (>90% of the browser is the rendering/js/etc. engine)
> is not the same as writing that sucks less at all, it is a lazy and
> meaningless gesture of little practical value and that contributes
> little to the sorry state of things.

Well, it's more a pragmatic thing for me: "how much can I improve my
own browsing experience without doing too much effort".
I just don't have the time, nor the skills to work on a new (or the
netsurf) rendering engine. But yet, I find that uzbl is well on it's
way to dramatically improve my browsing experience (of course it can
always be better, but like we do it now I think we have a good
compromise).

Dieter