Re: [dev] [wmii] upcoming release and fullscreen bugs

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:54:35 -0400

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:49:05AM +0900, KIMURA Masaru wrote:
>> In hg and the snapshot bundles, yes, it's still ~/.wmii-hg. In the alpha
>> tarballs, it's ~/.wmii
>
>ok, then why does hg's still keep CONFVERSION=-hg? CONFVERSION looks
>like bit redundant kludge for me b/c wmii is not so {for,back}ward
>compatible in my exp.

That's exactly the point. It's not so far forward and backward
compatible. The hg repo and the snapshots use .wmii-hg because
they're not always compatible with the stable release, and it's
nice to be able to test hg without having to swap your
configuration back and forth of dump your stable release
entirely. The hg repo and the snapshots will always use
.wmii-hg; the release and snapshot tarballs come with slightly
modified config.mk and mk/wmii.mk files.

--
Kris Maglione
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary