Re: [dev] dwm number of clients pointless?

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:06:59 -0500

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM, yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> so what? eventually, you will have to cycle through all your windows
> until you find the one you are looking for, the counter won't tell you
> if it is in the position 5 or 50.

Sorry my workflow's different than yours, I hope you can forgive me

Let's say I have a set of tasks to complete, and each task is in a
separate window. As though I went through an RT queue and opened all
the items in different windows. If it's nearly time to leave for
lunch, and I have five windows open, I might complete them all before
I leave. If I have fifty, there's no point in scrambling to get five
done; I'll be back on task anyway.

--
# Kurt H Maier