Re: [dev][surf] Next schedule?

From: Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:19:44 -0700

On Thu 17 Sep 2009 at 01:54:01 PDT Jessta wrote:
>I tend to use tabs as a stack of temporary bookmarks, I navigate to a
>page and open all the links I want to see on to tabs, closed that
>pages and move through all the tabs, it pretty much makes the back
>button redundant.
>
>Mostly I'm just putting things on the stack or pulling them off, I
>don't tend to go back to a tab I've previously been at, so it's always
>bugged me that firefox thinks it needs to load all my tabs and keep
>them in memory constantly.
>
>I have this idea of a stack based browser, where instead of opening a
>new window(or tab) it just adds the link to a stack(maybe using
>vertical dmenu), that I can pull stuff off.

I use tabbed browser in the same way as you, and would also like to see
a stack- or fifo-based browser -- or perhaps an external program that
would provide this functionality to surf or uzbl.

One reason I have used tabs is to preload a webpage in the background.
If the utility could preload the next page, it would address this
need. But I don't see a need to preload *every* page. (Of course,
if the web were suckless, pages wouldn't take so long to load and
this wouldn't be an issue.)