Re: [dev][surf] Next schedule?

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:39:44 +0200

>> I don't see how that hits any reasonably modern computer resources (I
>> mean Opera, firefox is notorious for bringing down to its knees anything
>> you throw at it). Resource usage is not an argument in this discussion
>> for me. Actually, I'd use dwm were it written in Tcl/Tk or Python, for I
>> like the concept and don't give a shit about it's implementation
>> (teasing all the C-maniacs here :)).
>
> Computer resources can be argument. may be not for all but still. And
> response time surely for many on the list.

In opera I experience no performance difference at all between tabs
and windows. I've used windows of operas for ages.
The reason why bookmarks suck is the bad latency of the web. For me my
opera tabs just form a huge cache.
In firefox and other browsers I always had even more open tabs because
the back button doesn't work.
And recently when I had to switch to windows I switched back to
opera's old vertical window list (which includes also a a scrollbar)
to control these ~50 open pages.