Re: [dev] Suckless word processing solution?

From: Илья Илембитов <ilembitov_AT_yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:54:29 +0400

But there is also another point: Tk may be bad or not, but I can't really think of any major apps based on it - apart from Tkabber. I'm not saying that it's bad just because it's not popular, but the thing is, that many users wouldn't like to add any additional dependencies (that is, a toolkit or an additional programming language) just because of one program. This is why one should stick with the toolkit that is used by the target audience. And speaking of the lightweight environments, the most popular toolkit is Gtk.