Re: [dev] [dwm] pertag and struct Monitor issues

From: Mate Nagy <mnagy_AT_port70.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:37:54 +0200

Hiho,
> > But the nasty thing is, layout patches like gaplessgrid need to know
> > Monitor when compiled.
 I thought the same, when writing nmaster+bstack, but then nsz has
rewritten it in its current form, and it doesn't need to know Monitor.
Look at http://dwm.suckless.org/patches/nmaster-sym.c
 The trick is to use an external array indexed by monitor. This might or
might not do the trick for you.

> Would it make sense to add a
>
> void *aux;
>
> to Monitor, that patches don't need to screw around with dwm.c?
 IMHO this would be really ugly and patches mucking up dwm.c would be
preferable to this.

Regards,
 Mate