Re: [dev] proposal for '!' prefix in tag name

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 23:25:12 -0700

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a prefix, it's just a tag. We have +~ and -~, so in the current
> configuration, ! is not necessary.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

> Using as a prefix is an interesting idea. I'll think about it.

I went ahead and implemented it, in preparation for the next Rumai
release. This was a lacking feature of the display:client section of
my wmiirc's config.yaml file:

  ##
  # Mapping of clients to views they must appear on.
  #
  # - <client props regular expression> : <tags to apply>
  #
  # These mappings are processed in top-to-bottom order.
  # Processing stops after the first matching mapping is applied.
  #
  client:
    /MPlayer|VLC/ : ~+!video

That makes MPlayer floating in current view and managed on the "video
wall" view.