Re: [dev] [dwm] [wmii] Prompt for client to add to current view

From: Julien Steinhauser <Julien.Steinhauser_AT_orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:05:19 +0200

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 03:30:29PM -0500, Nathan Neff wrote:
> I'd like to have a menu that shows all the currently running clients,
> and when I select a client, the current tag is applied to that client.
>
> This would allow me to quickly view another client without having
> to switch to the tag where the client is running.
>
> For example, I'm in tag 1, and would like to keep the current
> tag visible, plus view a 'Gmail' client that has another tag.
> I press a key, and type 'gm', and the gmail client is added to tag #1,
> as well as keeping its #4 tag.

I'm also interessed for such a feature in dwm,
all I'm able to do at the moment is to display the list of all clients
with their X id in a vertical dmenu, that's not much.
I don't know how to make it interact with dwm.

The feature in dwm to view several view at once helps a lot
but I don't always remember in which view is a particular client.