Re: [dev] dwm and -geometry

From: Swiat R. Gal <sgal_AT_math.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:13:22 +0200

---------- From Eckehard Berns 04-10-2009 at 01:01 ----------
> > But I would be more happy if I could decide which windows would
> > remain floating when I turn to the tabbed mode.
>
> Although I don't think this is a good way to use dwm, the following
> patch to tip should make dwm put windows with user specified geometry
> into floating mode.

Thanks, the patch works great!

BTW, why do you think that it should be set once in config.h
which applications should start in floating mode?

If the policy of the Developers is that dwm should be configured through
config.h (I am not arguing agains that) can one restart dwm on the fly
after recompiling it?

Sincerely,
s.