Re: [dev] plan9port in hg2533?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:18:52 -0400

>I have some problem running wmii with plan9port in hg2533.
>I compiled it on a Ubuntu 9.04 64bit machine.
>No dmenu and no action is working, and no rc.wmii.local running.
>Things are ok with the regular (no plan9) flavour.

I have no such problems. Is there any console output? If not, try
running it directly.

    rc /etc/wmii-hg/plan9port/wmiirc

(or wherever it's installed).

A few things to note, though.

1) wmii doesn't use dmenu.
2) rc.wmii.local is going to be renamed wmiirc_local.rc

>What changed since hg2518? There plan9port works, for me.

A lot, but as far as this issue is concerned, the wmii9rc
wrapper script was removed, so rc needs to be in your $PATH.