Re: [dev] Re: dwm xinerama config.mk settings

From: Andrew Antle <andrew.antle_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:43:48 -0400

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 08:03:03AM +0100, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> 2009/10/14 Andrew Antle <andrew.antle_AT_gmail.com>:
> > I suggested disabling Xinerama just for consistency; the suggestion
> > above the options said "un-comment if you want it." I'd be fine with
> > leaving the options uncommented, but changing the suggestion to
> > "comment if you don't want it." It compiles fine for me either way; I
> > have the headers, but no dual monitor setup. I do think it would be a
> > good default to leave them commented, though, because if you have
> > multiple monitors, you probably know that you want Xinerama enabled.
>
> Sometimes you end up in front of a projector and then having Xinerama
> support enabled can become quite handy then, even for a regular
> single-head setup.

That's a good point. Honestly, I'm fine with it either way, as long as
it's consistent. People who use dwm probably read config.mk, and can
probably find out what Xinerama is, and whether or not they want it. It
may seem like I'm making a lot of assumptions, but:

  This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid
  questions.

New patch attached.