Re: [dev] [surf] searchengines and toggleflash for 0.2

From: Peter John Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:45:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I agree with both the toggleflash and the history (of yesterday) patches going around and they (or
something like them) have my vote for inclusion in vanilla. Two comments.
(1) The history should be toggle-able or, at the very least, define-able. I'll slap out a patch
when I have time.
(2) I'm not sure if adding the searchengine stuff to the code is the best way to go. I do
search engine stuff outside the code via a keybinding in my X environment to run the following
chunk of code:

#!/bin/sh
FOO=$(echo "" | dmenu | urlencode.sh)
URL="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=${FOO}&aq=f&oq=&aqi=n1g10"
xprop -id `head -n 1 ~/.surf/id` -f _SURF_URI 8s -set _SURF_URI $URL

Peter