Re: [dev] [surf] next release

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:35:36 +0200

While this is a nice idea (this is what webfs does in Plan 9), in
practice is a huge pain, and the design of the web violates layering
so much as to make such a design very tricky and painful. Plus writing
an http client that will handle all the crap out there is *really*
hard (you can count the reliable client implementations of http 1.1
with the fingers of one hand, of course we could use curl or some
other lib, but that is just one more external dependency.)

The chrome folks have managed to build something quite similar to
this, but they have huge development (and specially testing)
resources. This is another reason why I still think building surf on
top of the chromium infrastructure is a much better idea than using
webkit directly.

uriel