[dev] [ANN] Ruby wmiirc - YAML import feature

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 18:02:58 -0800

Fellow wmii users,

I'm pleased to announce the next evolution of my YAML-based Ruby wmiirc:

  http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc

The big idea, suggested by Nathan Neff, is that the config.yaml file
should be able to import other YAML files ("partials" as I call them).
 This allows us to share and maintain common code while having a
different mix of status applets, keyboard shortcuts, color schemes,
and so on.

I also refactored the Ruby side of this wmiirc into namespaced
modules, and moved the logic for keyboard shortcuts into the
"control:action" section. This allows the same logic to be shared
between different shortcuts (e.g. Qwerty vs Dvorak) and also between
mouse actions (clicking on status bar applets).

And finally, I reorganized the Git repository so that the user creates
their own config.yaml based off the provided example.yaml file. This
way they can check it into their own Git repo/branch without having
conflicts with my stuff later on. Furthermore, I can continue
updating everything else and the user can pull those changes without
getting into merge conflicts and vice versa.

I hope these changes make it easier for us to share and improve this
wmiirc without stepping on each other's toes. :-)

Please read the installation section of the README, as we are not
using the 4-branch setup anymore.

Cheers.