Re: [dev] [DWM] suggestion for dwm

From: Anders Andersson <pipatron_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:18:11 +0100

> I have a suggestion for DWM. I use DWM for about months and i miss one functionality : a trayer (a zone for icons in the status bar to reduce applications like xchat or to have icons for applications like gmixer, batterymon, wicd-client) in the status bar!
> I've tried to use some apps to have a trayer (bmpanel and other panels with tray) but it's not fine and i haven't find a trayer app which runs like conky (in background of others clients).
>
> Is it planned to implement this in DWM? If not, do you have a solution for me?

There are none, I hacked fbpanel, works like a charm. I randomly added
this line:
gdk_window_set_override_redirect(p->topgwin->window, TRUE);
before the "gtk_widget_show_all(p->topgwin);"

And then I made sure that the dwm statusbar is always at least N pixels:

- bh = dc.h = dc.font.height + 2;
+ bh = dc.h = MAX(dc.font.height + 2, barheight);

(set barheight to 24 oslt)

// pipe