[dev] Profont in dwm

From: Samuel Baldwin <recursive.forest_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:48:32 -0500

Profont [1], unfortunately, only seems to work with Xft; I can't seem
to specify it with something like this line:
"-*-terminus-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-", which is what dwm
requires. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable about fonts on linux, so
I'm not really sure what to do. I would, however, like to stop using
terminus in the status bar in favour of profont, so I'd like to know
how to specify profont with such a string.

Profont doesn't show up in xfontsel either.

I know no one wants to add Xft support to dwm, nor am I in favour of
including it, so please don't misread this as a suggestion to support
it.

[1] http://www.tobias-jung.de/seekingprofont/

--
Samuel Baldwin - logik.li