Re: [dev] stali and the shipped compilers

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:28:59 +0000

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:42:02PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> I would prefer to drop gcc, glibc and all the shit from gnu.
>
> Tcc and dietlibc are usable solutions and maybe the code is not the best
> one but at least is sane.
>
> Current toolchain is just to get a working version. I know that anselm
> is really busy these days, like me.. This is the reason why some of
> those projects are a bit stopped.

it would be interesting to see its outcome(s), has anyone looked at the
packaging system for such a distribution? or will a bsd style tree of
code/makefiles be adopted?

> Is there any minimal and complete fortran implementation?

not as far as I know, I'm not aware of any minimal f77, f90 or f95
implementations. this is particularly true of f90 and f95 most of
these implementations are commercial and I don't think I have seen any
many free/opensource implementations worth using apart from gfortran.

jimmy

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,