Re: [dev] [surf] projects with the same name

From: Pierre Chapuis <catwell_AT_archlinux.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:10:17 +0000

Le Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:48:29 +0100,
Moritz Wilhelmy <crap_AT_wzff.de> a écrit :

> I guess the easiest attempt for distributions to distribute suckless code is
> not distributing it at all.
> People using suckless software are usually capable of configuring it by themselves,
> which means they have to edit the sourcecode and recompile it anyway.

In the case of Arch Linux the package is on the Arch User Repository,
not in the binary repos. It is a source package that allows the user to
change the configuration file before compiling. Its only use is to have
the files tracked by Pacman, our package manager, and possibly to be
warned of updates automatically for those who use scripts that do that.

--
catwell