Re: [dev] [dwm] Setting up XIM/SCIM

From: Alex Matviychuk <alexmat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:43:27 +0900

Hi Benito,

I use UIM for Japanese input in dwm on a daily basis. I have
shift+space mapped to toggle between Japanese and English input. It
was fairly painless to setup, just had to add this to my .xinitrc:

export GTK_IM_MODULE='uim'
export QT_IM_MODULE='uim'
uim-xim &
export XMODIFIERS=@im='uim'

I can use the gtk panel too under dwm if I need to mess with settings just fine.

I'm not as familiar with SCIM, but maybe this wiki can offer some help
(lots of distro agnostic info can be gleaned from there):
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Smart_Common_Input_Method_platform

Hope that helps!

がんばてね。