Re: [dev] terminal that accepts any size

From: Jonas Bernoulli <jonas_AT_bernoulli.cc>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:20:45 +0100

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:06, Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:
> The terminal provides the hints, it's up to the wm, to make use from
> them or not. *xterm and *rxvt will behave the way you want if you
> disable obeying resizehints in your window manager.

Okay I will try that then.

> Whether it's tunable in wmii, I don't know.

Does anyone know?

> So there's nothing to rephrase.

Well I still think it could be done the way I described. And I assume that 9term
does it, but since not information besides mentioning it's existence was given
and because I was unable to download 9term I can't really tell.

Regardless if I can configure wmii not to follow resizehints then that
works too,
or even better. I just hope that (if this is even possible at all)
this can be done
selectively.

Thanks for the information.