Re: [dev] [surf] script.js

From: julien steinhauser <julien.steinhauser_AT_orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:35:46 +0100

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:33:04PM +0100, julien steinhauser wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:15:43AM +0300, anonymous wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, even if this thread is repost, problem is not solved
> > completely. Looks like problem is not with link_hints. script.js sometimes
> > don't work at suckless.org at all even if it is just for `alert("hello,
> > world")`. Looks like loading script.js is bound to wrong event.
> >
> Link_hints works on http://werc.cat-v.org/ though.
> Despite they are both werc powered, the difference is big enough
> to change script.js behavior.

Here is something one can easyly test,

1) Put the http://surf.suckless.org/files/link_hints script in script.js,
then launch surf on suckless.org, test link_hints and see that
it doesn't work.

2) Click on "powered by werc" in suckless.org bottom bar,
test link_hints and see that it works.

3) Come back on Suckless.org, test the script again and see
that it works although it didn't the first time.

Suckless.org doesn't contain any javascript but
http://werc.cat-v.org/ does.

It seems that script.js doesn't become active before surf met
some javascript on his way, which is maybe logical (?), but breaks
link_hints and middle_click_link until surf met a page with javascript.

I'm affraid i post symptoms but no solutions, sorry.

Julien