Re: [dev] [dmenu] A clickable dmenu is a dream?

From: Jeff Shipley <jeffquiparle_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:21:24 -0600

It doesn't exactly sound useful to me. If you haven't started typing
yet, then the entry you want probably isn't visible yet. If you've
started typing then you've probably got the command selected, and all
you need to do is to hit the return key.

At that point, switching to the mouse to click would make take more
effort than just hitting return.

What might be useful would be a dmenu that copies in the X selection
buffer when it's middle-clicked. (Sorry if this has already been
discussed). This wouldn't be very useful for commands, but could be
very useful for arguments. You could type in surf, paste in the url,
and then open surf with that url.