Re: [dev] [dmenu] A clickable dmenu is a dream?

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:35:03 +0100

On 28 March 2010 20:20, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be> wrote:
> bashrun?

I had not heard of this, though it isn't exactly what I had in mind.

On 28 March 2010 20:22, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> As said earlier, dmenu will be simplified until next release, The
> cursor stuff etc does not belong to dmenu, same for mouse support. I
> think stuff like that could be achieved with special purpose apps
> instead, like pointed out in earlier discussions a while ago. The
> success of suckless software is doing less and rather removing
> features than adding new.

I agree. The only problem with keeping things simple is that it's a
lot harder... I'd really like to help with dmenu (hence my recent
patches), but I'm not sure where the division between its menu and
input components ought to go. Once the design has been worked out I
plan on putting some effort in to help develop it.

cls