Re: [dev] [sw] Suckless web-framework

From: anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:50:07 +0400

On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 05:49:18PM +0100, Kai Hendry wrote:
> As for HTML, don't use <div class="header">. Use <header>.
> Same goes for <div id="footer">
> Instead of <div id=\"side-bar\">, use <menu>

<ul> in HTML 4 and redefined for another purpose in HTML 5, but it is
still for creating lists.

By the way, I don't like navigation in HTML pages. Separate index
pages are better. They require less bandwidth and you can save
_article_ without snapshot of website navigation. And then you don't
need any CGI script to insert navigation into every page. Simplier
solution for this problem is "don't repeat yourself".

You don't put same symlinks (to ~/doc, ~/src etc.) in every directory of
your filesystem. Most directories have only one link to them. Then why
should you put links to upper levels in every directory (and even file)
of your website?

For example look at http://www.fidonet.org/ When you go to "What is
FidoNet?" or "How to Join FidoNet", there is no link back. You can press
"back" in your browser, edit URL or something like this.

Another example is http://www.mutt.org/ There is link "more news",
but no link to main page in http://www.mutt.org/news.html.