Re: [dev][surf]

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:33:24 +0000

On 4/12/10, Lorenzo Bolla <lbolla_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius
> <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>wrote:

>> > http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/xml/
>> We can all agree that XML is insane as a interchange format between
>> databases. But for basic markup, when markdown/(re)StructuredText
>> sn't a fit, it allows one to use a (hopefully simple) generic parser.
>> Sexp(r)s are bloated with type info, and have a name which can get
>> them confused with structured-expressions. XML is (ugh)
>> SGML-compatible and quite readable if used sparsily, and only used to
>> add semantic info to content in another language such as English or
>> SPARC-assembly. Some Tcl-based syntax would maybe suck less, but is it
>> worth it to get rid of XML-style closing tags?
>>
>> title lolcats
>> author Thorlacius Bjartur
>> author Friend Imaginary
>> para {
>> This is a slightly better alternative to XML.
>> }
>> para "XML at least doesn't require quotes:
>> [ http://w3.org/TR/xml ]"
>> para [ /bin/games/fortune ]
>> # URIs enclosed in []s get replaced by the resource.
>>

> S-expr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-expression) would be even better. But
> this has been said sooo many times...
A) Lots of Irritating and Silly Parentheses. And I hate 'em.
B) Don't they have some type info? I thought I saw some mention of
that (as a plus) on that WikiWiki I have got lost on quite a few times
the last few days. That's bloat.

Which do you prefer and think is easier to type?
(title "Lolcats")
title Lolcats

--
kv,