Re: [dev] [wmii] disable mouse resizing in non-floating mode

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:27:55 -0700

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Jonas H. <jonas_AT_lophus.org> wrote:
> how can I disable resizing windows with the mouse in non-floating mode?

Good point. Why do we have 2 ways of resizing: (1) the traditional
WIMP way of putting your cursor on the client border and dragging and
(2) pressing grabmod key and right clicking on a client (which is much
more user-friendly IMHO because the entire client acts as the target
of the click+drag, rather than the tiny 1-pixel client border)?

> I really hate this feature that I can't remember was there in wmii 3.6
> because I frequently resize layers accidentally when using a scroll bar.

Agreed. I also make the same mistake sometimes.

Maybe we can delete resizing method #1 from the wmii source code and
have one less annoying feature and less LOC to boot? Two birds for
one stone. :-)