Re: [dev] Care to share Xinerama Xorg.conf?

From: Michael Roth <roth.osu_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:53:33 -0400

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Amit Uttamchandani
<amit.uttamchandani_AT_my.csun.edu> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Finally got a second monitor but can't get Xinerama to function for the
> life of me.

Depends on what your issues are. You likely don't need anything in
your xorg.conf, unless you really want it hard coded. Once you get X
to start up then just use xrandr. Remember the commands and toss it in
your .xinitrc.

In my old dual-monitor setup I needed to add a 'Virtual' line
specifying my maximum resolution in my xorg.conf. It went in the
Display subsection of the Screen section I think it was. But that was
just due to my odd monitor sizes. This was on an HD 3870.

> Can anybody share their Xorg.conf? The specs are as follows:
>
> 1. Debian Squeeze (Linux 2.6.32)
> 2. Radeon HD 3600 card
> 3. xserver-xorg 7.5
> 4. xserver-xorg-core 1.7.6
>
> If you have a similar set up I'd like to try out your xorg.conf.

I'd post my xorg.conf but I recently re-installed and moved to just 1
big monitor. So I don't even have an xorg.conf anymore.
I'm sure if you gave more detail on what problems you were having we
could offer more specific answers.