[dev] [surf] view local file

From: Steen Engholm <sechinsic_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 12:27:39 +0200

Hi .

Is it possible to view a local html file, with the markup notation
interpreted ? I know there is a hype on 'offline html5
webapplication', but curiously I find that neither GtkLauncher,
midori, uzbl or surf interpret the markup . I hope somehow that I have
just missed a setting somewhere .

Another way to get the webkit_web_view going is
webkit_web_view_load_string, but I have not succeed in getting this
routine to load any ressources like css or images .

The idea is to make use of html & xml as a formatting language and
send a pdf to stdout . Please take a look at
http://sechinsic.info/xwprint.html for the details .

The source for surf is very readable, thank you !

Steen