Re: [dev] my suckless.org compatible ideas: vim like mapping for any tools, C scripts, vi clone

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:29:48 +0000

On 5/16/10, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> hjkl for scrolling or cursor movement shouldn't require any metakeys
> at all. personally I don't care if they don't work on other key
> layouts; something like that is either trivial to repair or the app is
> broken.
My point was that I do not like having to edit the source code or
configurations of all apps I use just to be able to scroll efficiently
on whatever keyboard I may have. Whether that is done by all apps
written in C including a standard keys.h or by using some X-dependant
dynamic xmodmap on steroids, I want to be able to configure (some
subset of) keybindings centrally. If I need to set up my own repo,
patching every app for use with certain keyboard... apps should rather
be cross-keyboard.