[surf] line of approach [was: [dev] [surf] download images?]

From: Enno Boland (Gottox) <gottox_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:40:01 +0200

2010/5/17 pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>:
> Copy URL doesn't works for images
I'm open for patches to copy a pictures URI. I think, I will strip
down things in surf. I have to reconsider the event system. It's a bit
ugly and inconsistent atm.

Also the cookie problem is on display. I need the netscape cookies.txt
format to be compatible to third party tools like curl or wget. On the
other hand I need an extra field to differ between session and
non-session cookies in this file. This is a problem and I got no
satisfying solution to this atm.

The normal case is to not safe sessioncookies to cookie.txt at all.
This is the reason why sessiontime exists. surf sets a value of time()
+ sessiontime for session cookies to write them to the file. This
makes the cookies accessable to other sessions of surf and scripts
using this file.

Way to go is to remove more complexity from surf. downloading is one
of the features which never worked well and can easily be moved into a
script.