Re: [dev] my suckless.org compatible ideas: vim like mapping for any tools, C scripts, vi clone

From: anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:51:08 +0400

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 01:39:38PM +0000, Bjartur Thorlacius wrote:
> On 5/17/10, anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
> > What you mean by user shortcuts? To create shortcut you can configure
> > your window manager. So user shortcuts start with Alt. User should
> > make sure that his shortcuts don't overlap with default shortcuts of
> > window manager. Some kind of standard should be created only for
> > programs, so their *default* shortcuts don't overlap.
> I just felt that it was weird that the program that draws borders around my
> windows is also a keyboard shortcut handler/dispatcher/whatever.

Now dwm draws statusbar for you (if you use dwm). It also runs dmenu
and st/urxvt/xterm too. Most of global user keybindings just run
commands so it is ok if these keybindings will be window manager
keybindings.

Or if you disagree, then keybindings that run dmenu and terminal
emulator should be removed from dwm code and placed somewhere else.
But I think it will just make things more complex.