Re: [dev] [surf] User-Agent string.

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:16:20 +0100

Quoth Marvin Vek:
> It may be be a stupid requirement, the sad fact is that many websites
> expect it, or act on it.

I've been using uzbl without much in the user agent field for a
month or two now (since finding eff's panopticlick info), and
haven't noticed any site fail for me. Granted I don't use many
ajax-heavy sites such as gmail which might be expected to do more
checks.

To me it looks like not sending the string seems most reasonable.