Re: [dev] [dwm] can't toggle tags with mouse

From: Andreas Amann <amann_AT_physik.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:05:14 +0200

> you may missunderstand my question.
>
> I'm looking for a possibility to display the used layout (in my case
> either de or pl) via xsetroot in the statusbar of dwm.
>
> Do you have any idea how to achieve that?

I also do not know of a direct way to read out the current layout. But here
is an indirect one. If you use again something like
setxkbmap -option "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:caps" "de,pl"

then you can do
xset -q
and you should see that "LED mask" changes (for me at least) from 00000000
to 00001001 as you change between de and pl layout.
You can then use this fact to script up an appropriate line for xsetroot which
shows "de" or "pl" in your statusbar.

> By the way thanks for the improved version of your patch. I applied it
> and it's still working fine. :)

Nice to hear that it fixed your bug. Since nobody has reported it before, I
conclude that swapping keyboard layouts is uncommon among dwm users, and
probably it is not worth to propose this patch for mainline dwm?

Andreas