[dev] [wmii]clarifications on python script usage

From: pascal <lepascalou_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:52:35 +0200

Hi again

I'm using the python script and I wonder if I do it correctly. I copied the
content of /etc/wmii-hg/python into ~/.wmii-hg and moved wmiirc.py to
wmiirc_local.py. The thing is it seems the script in /etc/wmii-hg is read first
because wmii is starting with the default appearance (for less than one second),
and I get the message "witray: fatal: another system tray is already running",
probably due to the fact that it's also called from the wmiirc_local.py.
So I tried to only leave my modifications in the wmiirc_local.py along with the
import statements, but then some of my modifications aren't effective, for
example it keeps using xterm in place of urxvtc, and my theme is not applied
all at once.
And then a detail, to get the time displayed in my locale I add these two lines
in ~/.wmii-hg/wmiirc :
import locale
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "")
I wonder if that's the right place to put it, and if it could be included in
the default configuration?
Regards, pascal