Re: [dev] [dvtm] Fibonacci layout patch

From: Mate Nagy <mnagy_AT_port70.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:27:07 +0200

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 01:18:35PM +0200, crap_AT_wzff.de wrote:
> Do these layouts provide any benefits? I found them rather useless actually,
> even in dwm... What do you use them for, and in what way do you use them if
> you don't mind sharing your experience?

I just tried the fibonacci (dwindle) layout in dwm, and I find it great
for the current coding situation I have (on a widescreen monitor):

+-----------------------------+
|vim |vim : |
|:split |:vsplit : |
| | : |
| | : |
| |browser |term |
| | |term |term|
| | | | |

Using the vim splits may be cheating, but it sure is convenient.
The whole is made more comfy by the attachabove patch and the push
patch, so it's easy to reorder the small windows.

Mate