Re: [dev] XDG directories

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:17:19 +0200

Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>

> >> $ ls -d .* | wc -l
> >> 47
> >> $ ls -ld $HOME
> >> drwxrwx--- 40 user ...
> >>

> >How do you prevent dotfiles/dotdirs beeing created?
>
> My guess would be either rm(1) or not using crappy apps
> (although admittedly some of the least crappy apps clutter your
> home directory with them). Even with cleaning out useless
> dot-files every few months, I still wind up with hundreds,
> though.
>
> --
> Kris Maglione

I only use applications which I really need, and I stick to CLI/base ones.

$ portmaster -l | grep installed
===>>> 169 total installed ports

I do not need to clean periodically, although obviously few times
I deleted leftover dotfiles from removed apps.

I don't have GTK+ and I'm waiting for new Opera, to get rid of Qt.

regards,
- Jakub Lach