Re: [dev] Suckless operating system

From: Marc Weber <marco-oweber_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:02:45 +0200

May I just draw your attention to www.nixos.org?

I don't want to say it sucks less. But it definitely does for developers
because you can install multiple versions of a package at the same time.
You can always rollback.

It does'nt fit all needs at the moment because its hard to separate
headers from binaries. I think it can be fixed - But the project doesn't
have enough man power to start such an effort yet.

One of its key features is that you can easily add quality testing to
your distribution workflow. And systems which sucks less just work.

It may be worth having a look at the project even if its not a perfect
match.

Marc Weber