Re: [dev] Convert Suckless Projects Documentation to a More Simple Language

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:25:08 -0400

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:15:54AM +0100, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>>> You made my day.
>> then i suggest reading this article:
>>  http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/linghebr/awfgrmlg.html
>
>He is just missing the beauty and clarity of the German grammar. He
>has some points about the sex of nouns however, but it makes
>absolutely sense that it is "der Regen" and not "die Regen", because
>it is "das Wasser".

Mark Twain isn't to be taken seriously. His writings were more
about wit than about their purported subjects. If I'm not
mistaken, that extract is from one of his travel books which
were meant to be more satire of the genre than example.

--
Kris Maglione
Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as