Re: [dev] Fwd: [Patch] DWM: Add support for _NET_WM_DEMANDS_ATTENTION

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:19:46 -0400

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:42:15PM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>a friend made me write the attached patch. It adds support for EWMH's
>_NET_WM_DEMANDS_ATTENTION status by transfering it into ICCCM's urgency hint.
>
>I hope this is useful for others and perhaps this might even get included in the
>main repository. I know this is not perfect, but the code for _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN
>wasn't much worse than this. ;)

Why not just set c->isurgent rather than actually changing the
wmhints? Apart from being needlessly complicated and probably
pointless, it's directly contrary to ICCCM §4.1.2. The window
manager isn't allowed to change client properties.

--
Kris Maglione
It has been said that the great scientific disciplines are examples of