Re: [dev] picture

From: Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 06:06:15 +0200

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Not that there's anything wrong with BY-SA or any other CC licenses. It's a
> matter of personal preference (though I'm personally never fond of SA-type
> clauses, especially when they take on a viral bent).

It is not a matter of personal preference, it has many of the same
problems as the GPL, with the added confusion and complication of much
worse license-proliferation.

That some CC licenses don't even allow 'commercial use' (as if this
could be defined!) should be enough of a red flag to stay away from
the whole lot.

CC0 on the other hand is quite different and is very useful, and
everyone should use it if they want to allow as many people as
possible to use their work but don't want to spend a lifetime learning
all the retarded legal braindamage spread all over the world.

uriel